Sunday, October 25, 2009

Teetering on the Edge


I wasn't ready to take the extra step, but it was taken for me. I was feeling like a slave to a job I hated and I boss that I disliked. I didn't have as much time for my children or my husband, and I'd lost a lot of my zest for life. Mounting debts to maintain a lifestyle I was sleeping through, unhealthy eating choices and my sedentary lifestyle seemed to consume me. I kept saying to myself...I am better than this! I am better than this! But I couldn't seem to make the leap. Then... I was called down to Human Resources and told that I was being laid off. Part of me panicked, part of me let out a huge sigh of relief. I've decided to take this time to hone my skills as a mom/wife/friend/daughter/sister. So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment