Monday, October 26, 2009

Homemade Febreze




I've been tinkering with making my own household cleaning products for a while now.  From the expense, to the artificial smell, to the decidedly bad environmental factor, I decided to go the natural route.  I know that there is no one recipe that will work for everyone, but here is a recipe to make your own "Febreze."


Homemade "Febreze" 

1/2 to 1 cup liquid laundry softener (I love Downy Lavender/Vanilla, or Gain's Apple Mango Tango)
1 cup vinegar
2 to 3 cups water

Mix everything in a spray bottle, and just spray it as you would with Febreze. This works well on most fabrics, including furniture, carpets and pet areas.  The possibilities are endless!

You can play with the amounts, as far as the ingredients go. If you find that you have a thin white film on your items, you may need to add more water.

No comments:

Post a Comment