Sunday, November 1, 2009

Getting Organized (Financially)



I've been thinking heavily about budgets lately. I have a standard amount of debt, with school loans (still haven't finished, but I will!), credit cards (Visa, Kohls and Target).  However, I also have a lot of what I refer to as "silly debts," which are old credit cards, book clubs, music clubs, and old medical debts. I've decided to take the bull by the horns and figure out my financial situation for once and for all. I've made attempts in the past, but I never kept it up.  Same goes for my health (but that's another post).  I was laid off in March and it took me a minute to learn to live like my situation had changed. *Cue the violins, because this is sad!*

I've been looking at different budgeting options.  I know that I need to keep this simple and easy to follow, or I will become bored and will let it go. I've been a faithful follower of Single Ma, who has paid off debt, rebuilt her credit and worked on savings for the last few years. I've simplified what is a very detailed, incredibly funny process, but please check out her blog for yourself.  I've also become a great fan of Simple Mom, who is an advocate of PearBudget and Dave Ramsey, who works with his own methods.  I think I'll come up with a combination of methods I've seen on their blogs, since I am a fan of them all!

I'm giving myself two weeks to get my budget together.

Until Then...



No comments:

Post a Comment